Cotswold Hills Open Day - Providers
29/07/2020 10:00 AM to 29/07/2020 11:30 AM (Australia/Queensland)
--13 Ena St, Cotswald Hills--
Provider Collaboration Workshop
Through our work providing Specialised Disability Accommodation, I’ve discovered that there is a huge knowledge gap that might be making it hard for you to provide quality accommodation to your participants.
We would like to collaborate with a free workshop, sharing Horizon SDA’s insights and open discussion to understand your challenges better.
Some things we’ve already identified:
• The hours required to fund SDA sometimes exceed the hours covered by the NDIS.
• Some Occupational Therapists and Support Coordinators are not familiar with SDA requirements and how to fast track SDA plan approvals.
• There is not adequate support.
• Many of the homes proposed to be built are not suited to the participant.
• There is a shortage of quality accommodation that is custom designed.
We are doing our best to solve as many of these issues as possible, and we would like your input, sharing our knowledge while we are all together.
We can contribute with information on the latest trends and a tour of our latest property at Bargara. In the spirit of collaboration, we are contributing to the costs of approving SDA for our participants and we’ve gathered a lot of information that we think could help you and your organization, participants and families.